Questions to Ask Before Starting Out
- Running a bar or grill is not all about mixing cocktails and chatting to customers. It is a serious business that requires a lot of commitment and long hours, so you have to be sure that you and this type of business fit well together. Ask yourself:
- Am I interested in bar culture and the provision of good food?
- Can I deal with long hours and working on public holidays?
- Do I have experience of running this type of business?
- Do I have the knowledge and commitment to run the business myself?
- Is there enough money available to purchase a franchise?
- Do I have enough business management experience?
If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, it is time to move to the next step, and to choose the franchise that will suit you the best.
Choosing the Right Franchise
With the sheer number of franchises out there, it can be difficult to choose, yet it is vital to find one that will provide you with the right benefits. It is important that the business provides you with the income that you need and that you can deal with the demands of this particular business. Running a bar and grill can be lots of fun, but also time consuming and exhausting, and you have to be sure that this is the type of business that you want to start.
As a general rule, it is best to avoid franchises that are overcrowded in the market, and also to steer away from franchises that are populated too thinly. Overcrowding brings more competition, while underrepresentation means that the franchise is not well developed yet. If you are borrowing money for the operation, keep in mind that lenders tend to prefer more established brands. The franchiser should be able to offer a reputable brand name and a proven performance record at the very least. There should also be a detailed instruction manual to help with the specifications, standards and methodologies applied by this particular business. The franchiser should also be able to assist with training and other business related issues where necessary.
If you are keen on running a bar and grill franchise, why not choose Elephant & Friends? As an established brand name, we now offer a highly proven and polished business opportunity to those who are keen on starting their own business. Give us a call today to find out more!